Seminar Workshop on Applied Behavior Analysis: Improving the Quality of Life of Children with ASD & other Developmental Disabilities
Applied Behavior Analysis:
Improving The Quality Of Life Of Children With Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities
Dates: August 3-5, 2018
Venue: R.E.A.C.H. Inc., 2nd Flr., Uniwide Sales Metro Mall,#43 Real St. Pamplona, Las Piñas City
Overview: Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), is simply the application of behavioral principles, to everyday situations, that will, over time, increase or decrease targeted behaviors. ABA has been used to help individuals acquire many different skills, such as language skills, self-help skills, and play skills. In addition, these principles can help to decrease maladaptive behaviors such as aggression, self-stimulatory behaviors, and self-injury. ABA is a discipline that employs objective data to drive decision-making about an individual’s program.
Objectives: At the end of the three (3) day seminar-workshops, the participants will:
1. Reduce the repetitive behaviors common to children with ASD;
2. Reduce frustration in children faced with challenging situations;
3. Replace unwanted behaviors into a more acceptable one;
4. Increase appropriate social skills;
5. Give children effective consequences using reinforcement rather than punishment;
6. Teach and reinforce functional communication skills;
7. Teach children to perform independent living activities. even complex ones with multiple steps;
8. Get children to develop better academic skills
9. Gain comprehensive ABA training on the methods and techniques of ABA;
10. Access to highly trained and experienced practitioners who can answer questions about properly implementing ABA therapy with your child or student;
11. Substantial discounts on Special Learning’s Autism products, ABA products and Autism resources.
Who are invited?
Regular and SPED teachers
Curriculum Developers Guidance Counselors
Social and Health workers
Professionals from related disciplines (e.g., Psychologists, Occupational, SpeechLanguage, Physical Therapists, ABA specialist, etc.)
College Administrators, College Professors/ Instructors, College/MA/Ph.D. Students