Implementing Effective Sensory Diets for Children/Teens with ASD, ADHD, LD & Sensory Modulation Disorder
WHAT: IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE SENSORY DIETS FOR
CHILDREN/TEENS WITH ASD, ADHD, LD & SENSORY
WHEN: August 16 & 17, 2019 TIME: 9 AM TO 5 PM
WHERE: R.E.A.C.H. INC., Training Room, 2nd Flr., Uniwide Sales Metromall, Pamplona, Las Pinas City.
The disorganized brain may send out inaccurate messages to direct the child’s actions. Without accurate feedback from the brain the child may not behave in a purposeful way e.g. he may have trouble listening, paying attention, interacting with others, processing new information, and learning.
The participants will gain understanding of the following:
1. Define SPD and gain understanding about its common symptoms;
2. Learn how to administer assessment of children with sensory issues;
3. Develop Individualized Education Plan
4. Understand and appreciate the various sensory diets for each sensory issue;
5. Provide accommodations in various situations to enable the child with sensory problems thrive in the general classroom (inclusive setting);
6. Learn the fun functions of therapy products, toys and equipment to address the sensory problems of SPDs;
7. Appreciate and enjoy various exhibits of sensory materials during the workshop.
Who are invited?
Regular and SPED teachers
Social and Health workers
Professionals from related disciplines (e.g., Psychologists, Occupational, Speech- Language, Physical Therapists, ABA specialist, etc.)
College Administrators, College Professors/ Instructors, College/MA/Ph.D.
Tel. Nos.: (02) 871-5167 / (02) 873-3438
Mob. Nos.: 0922-834-3270 / 0922-834-3272 / 0933-867-1093